Countdown to ISM2016 Podcast Series
Willow Grove, PA (March 11, 2016) – Diamond Sponsor of the Institute for Supply Management’s 2016 Conference, Source One Management Services is launching a new podcast series: Countdown to ISM2016. Each week leading up to the premier supply chain event of the year, the Procurement consulting firm will be sharing industry tips and best practices in the form of five to ten minute audio and video clips for on-the-go supply chain professionals.
The Countdown to ISM2016 Podcast Series features Source One’s subject matter experts and industry partners addressing a variety of challenges related to supply management and procurement, such as category management, supplier and stakeholder relationships, and supply chain operations. Sharing lessons learned through over twenty years of experience helping clients’ achieve their budget optimization goals, the podcast aims to provide listeners with actionable cost reduction and process improvement advice.
See below for the full list of the Countdown to ISM2016 episodes, which will be updated each week with the latest edition until the May 15th when ISM2016 kicks off!
- 5 Steps to Creating a Social Media Marketing Strategy: Interested in launching a social media campaign, or looking to revamp your strategy? Source One’s Project Analyst, Liz Skipor has you covered with advice for creating an effective and engaging social media marketing strategy whether you’re looking to source a social media marketing agency or launching a campaign with in-house resources
- What Not to do During a Pitch Presentation: Departing from Source One’s usual approach to helping clients through the sourcing process, this podcast episode is geared towards marketing agencies who are participating in an RFX process. Source One’s Project Manager, Tracey Horrocks shares her marketing sourcing advice to help agencies nail their pitch presentation.
- Setting up for Sourcing Success: Whether you’re in the midst of a sourcing initiative, or just want to be prepared to go-to-market later down the road, Source One’s Project Analyst Jennifer Engel has you covered. Engel shares her tips for managing product specifications and stakeholder relationships so your organization is ready for a successful sourcing initiative.
- 8 Reasons Best-in-Class Suppliers are Ignoring your RFP: In this episode, Source One Project Analysts Brian Seipel and Nicole Mahaffey explain the common pitfalls of the RFP process that cause suppliers to decide not to participate. We’ll explain how to avoid these mistakes and what action you can take during your cost reduction initiative to keep suppliers engaged.
- The Importance of Collaboration Between Business Stakeholders and Procurement: There’s no doubt that sourcing initiatives see better results when stakeholders align with procurement on their needs. Source One’s Project Manager Boris Kopylov explains the strategic benefits of business stakeholders collaborating with procurement to make the best purchasing decisions.
- ISM2016 People Track Overview: MRA Global Sourcing Manager partner gives an overview of ISM2016’s People Track, of which he is the co-chairperson. The People Track aims to give Supply Management professionals the tools, resources, innovations and solutions they need to evolve and optimize their human capital strategies.
- Keys to Solid Supplier Engagement: Supplier Engagement is a crucial component to any strategic sourcing event. However, the benefits of an engaged supply base don’t end once the contract is signed. Learn from Source One’s Associate Director Jennifer Ulrich how to engage suppliers throughout the life cycle of the relationship.
- The People Track: Evolving and Optimizing Human Capital Strategies: Hear from VP of Global Sourcing at Zimmer Biomet and Co-chair for the ISM2016 People Track Howard Levy on his vision for the upcoming Annual Conference and gain insights on the panel Levy will be moderating titled Transformation Superchargers: What Private Equity Expects from Sourcing Leaders.
- The Leadership Fast Track: Continuing our focus on ISM2016’s People Track, we’re joined by Scott Ottenheimer VP of QBE North America to learn more about his presentation titled The Leadership Fast Track.
- Exec IN Spotlight: In this episode, we continue our conversation with Naseem Malik, Co-chair of ISM2016’s People Track and Managing Partner of MRA Global Sourcing, to get a closer look the exclusive Exec IN forum. As moderator of the private event’s CPO panel for the third year in a row, Malik shares an insider’s perspective on the spend management topics covered in previous years at the forum and what attendees can expect at this year’s executive only event.
- ThomasNet and SMBs: In the final installment of the Countdown to ISM2016 Podcast Series we get an inside look at the Does Anyone Out There Want My Business Session? from the presenters themselves Travis Sherbine and Tom Greco of ThomasNet. They explain the benefits of working with small-and-midsize businesses and what can be done during the sourcing process to set ensure success when partnering with SMBs.
The Annual Institute for Supply Management Conference takes place May 15-18th in Indianapolis. As one of the most prominent supply chain conferences of the year, the event will host over 2,500 supply chain and procurement professionals for three days of learning and networking sessions. New to the conference agenda this year is the Exec IN forum, – a private session, exclusively sponsored by Source One, designed specifically for senior-level executives of top organizations with over $1.5 Billion in annual sales. As a component of ISM2016’s Corporate Team experience, Exec IN is an opportunity for forward thinking organizational leaders to come together and discuss challenges and solutions unique to large scale supply chain operations.
In addition to sponsoring ISM2016, Source One will also be exhibiting and presenting at the exclusive CPO event. Attendees are welcome to stop by Booth #528 to meet cost reduction experts and learn more about Source One’s procurement services. VP of Professional Services, Joe Payne, will also be presenting alongside Rebecca Karp of Sourcing Synergies. The two will be discussing the tools and resources available to procurement professionals as the function continues to evolve.
Need to save some money on your trip to ISM2016? Contact your Procurement Support Team for an exclusive promo code.