Building Best-in-Class: Procurement Organizational Structure Assessment and Redesign Services
As companies change in size, Procurement and other departments need to evolve with them. Too often, rapid growth or downsizing leaves Procurement inefficiently staffed and structured. Source One’s Procurement Transformation experts deliver Procurement Organization Assessment and Redesign services that optimize your internal team to meet company-wide goals.
Procurement groups are far from the tactical purchasing units they used to be. They’ve evolved into proactive, strategic agents for change across enterprises. Procurement’s full value, however, can only be realized with a proper-fit organizational structure that matches the enterprise’s particular size, industry, and objectives.
Without the right Procurement organizational structure and supply management staffing, Procurement’s impact in the form of cost reduction strategies, savings compliance monitoring, and supplier relationship management efforts suffer. Procurement’s productivity and efficiency depend on an effective Procurement Organizational structure with concrete roles, definitive procurement career paths, managerial engagement, and the proper allocation of resources.
Source One’s Procurement Organizational Assessment and Redesign experts have defined excellence in Supply Management and Strategic Sourcing since 1992. In that time, we’ve conducted countless strategic sourcing and procurement optimization initiatives for countless clients in dozens of industries. Our Procurement Transformation experts are uniquely qualified to assess your Procurement department’s organization and provide redesign recommendations that will optimize your supply management operations for both short and long-term value gains. We know what distinguishes a great Procurement team and we’re prepared to help yours achieve greatness with customized Procurement organizational assessment and redesign strategies.
Procurement Organizational Assessment
Before introducing strategies for maximizing Procurement’s impact within your organization, Source One’s experts have to take a holistic look at Procurement’s operations, structure, and performance:
- Our Strategic Sourcing experts will engage your Procurement team to collect all relevant data and documentation; including Procurement job listings, role descriptions, salary information and your company’s overall staffing strategy. These procurement organizational structure assessments are the first step in identifying service gaps and inefficiencies in your Procurement operations.
- We’ll survey your entire Procurement department to assess skill and role alignment, policies, and short and long-term supply management goals.
- We’ll conduct one-on-one interviews with Procurement employees as well as internal and external stakeholders to assess Procurement’s performance and its perception throughout your company.
- We’ll engage with upper management to assess company-wide strategies and Procurement’s role in driving them.
- We’ll partner with HR to determine how Procurement fits into your business’ recruitment strategy and hiring policies.
- We’ll leverage our findings to conduct a full Procurement maturity assessment. Comparing your Procurement team’s performance and structure to those of best-in-class procurement organizations will enable us to develop procurement organizational structure redesign strategies.
Redesigning Procurement Organizational Structure:
Once the Procurement organizational structure assessment is complete, we’ll develop a plan for maximizing its impact throughout your company. We never provide boilerplate procurement solutions. We customize every Procurement Redesign recommendation to best serve our clients’ specific supply management objectives:
- We’ll call upon our knowledge of Procurement best practices to conduct a benchmark assessment of your internal operations. The customized procurement benchmark report will provide a clear view of how your Procurement team compares to industry leaders.
- We’ll draw from our interview process to provide recommendations for restructuring Procurement to produce maximum value; such as redefining individual roles within the Procurement department, establishing a new Procurement chain of command, or implementing more effective hiring strategies.
- We’ll develop customized, practical plans for Procurement to act upon our recommendations.
- We’ll assist in the implementation of our Procurement redesign suggestions. Our experts will support these efforts through Procurement advisory services, staff augmentation consulting, and the development of Procurement training programs.
In a newly efficient Procurement organization, employees will grow more engaged with their work and feel motivated to produce lasting results. As employee engagement improves, Procurement’s sourcing strategies will simultaneously become more effective and strategic. Procurement’s improved performance will inspire cross-department collaboration and pave the way for Procurement to accept a more prominent role within your organization.
Contact Source One’s Procurement Assessment and Redesign Specialists
Procurement Transformation Advisory and Implementation Solutions
Procurement Organizational Assessment and Redesign are the foundational steps for optimizing Procurement’s impact for your company. Source One’s experts provide key resources for helping your Procurement organization reach best-in-class status:
- A closer look at the current state of your Procurement operations
- Alignment of Procurement to meet and drive enterprise-wide goals
- New insights into how your Procurement group compares to its competitors
- Access to decades of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing best practices
- More nuanced systems for measuring Procurement’s performance and discerning the capabilities of your Procurement team
- Customized action plans for implementing Procurement’s redesign
- Better skill alignments across your Procurement department
- More effective sourcing strategies thanks to a newly engaged and empowered Procurement team
- A direct increase in Procurement’s ROI
Procurement Maturity Assessment Services
Procurement Strategy Optimization
Want to take the next step toward industry-leading Procurement operations? Consider leveraging Source One’s Strategic Sourcing specialists for a complete Procurement Transformation initiative. Our Procurement Transformation Advisory services can help Procurement teams reach their full potential by providing additional resources:
- Unparalleled access to Procurement and Strategic Sourcing market data
- Smoother procurement processes that lead to efficiency and savings
- Assistance in selecting the right procurement technology and the right components of sourcing systems to meet your specific needs
- Supplier management programs to help Procurement strengthen new and existing relationships
- Category-specific subject matter expertise to examine Procurement’s challenges and provide effective, customized solutions
- A knowledge-transfer path including the use of free eSourcing tools after any engagement
Procurement Performance Management Services
Procurement Transformation Results
You’ve already seen what a Procurement Organization Assessment and Redesign can mean for your company. Take a look at the impact a complete Procurement Transformation can have:
- Increased executive investment in Procurement
- Increased stakeholder buy-in both internally and externally
- Greater category coverage for Procurement and ultimately total spend under management
- Reduced costs for processing purchase orders and the entire Procure to Pay (P2P) lifecycle
- Reduced cycle times for Procurement’s purchasing processes
- Reduced spot buying for more efficient procurement
- Greater visibility into Procurement’s purchasing efforts
- Increased quality control in Procurement’s purchasing processes
- New visibility into purchasing trends for more effective forecasting
- Elimination or reduction of any ineffective Procurement functions and processes
- A more efficient structure and staffing strategy for Procurement
- The renewed engagement of an empowered Procurement team
Procurement Transformation Services