Source One's Managed Procurement Services optimize your internal Procurement team.
Is your Procurement department struggling to meet your company’s needs? Consider leveraging Source One’s Managed Procurement Services to develop scalable, strategic solutions.
As Procurement continues to evolve and reveal its value, companies find themselves in need of more robust strategic sourcing operations. Even established organizations sometimes lack the resources to develop and maintain Procurement functions of the appropriate size, structure, and maturity. As a result, many are looking for cost-effective outside help from Managed Procurement Services Firms.
Outsourcing Procurement services is nothing new. For years, companies of all sizes have brought in external procurement teams to support their strategic sourcing units. Too many, however, make these decisions with little but price in mind. Opting for the low-cost services of large Procurement BPOs, many companies find themselves disappointed by impersonal and ineffective Managed Procurement offerings.
Source One’s mix of dedicated Procurement professionals, intuitive strategic sourcing technologies, and data-backed market intelligence equip us to provide the specialized consultation that larger Procurement BPOs cannot. Let’s take a look at how our Managed Procurement and Strategic Sourcing services compare to what the BPOs can offer you . . .
A (Seemingly) Cost-Effective Procurement BPO:
- They’ll provide a few procurement leaders to serve as figureheads. These sourcing experts will attend strategy meetings and try to obscure the damage they’re doing to your Procurement operations.
- They’ll offer the support of tactical procurement professionals with little hands-on sourcing experience. These folks know the lingo, but their exposure to Strategic Sourcing likely begins and ends with the employee handbook.
- Their Procurement group won’t speak the language of other departments and won’t understand the subject matter of your stakeholders. Their lack of spend category knowledge will alienate suppliers and encourage resistance to Procurement.
- They’ll toss in complex procurement technology like an inefficient e-Sourcing platform. Loaded with bells and whistles, these tools will only encourage poor sourcing practices.
- They’ll employ Procurement and Strategic Sourcing buzzwords like “change management” to disguise their overpriced services. They might even use these words to lure you into paying more for the same ineffective Managed Procurement offering.
- They’ll give your company and its Procurement function a bad name by inundating suppliers with unsolicited, boilerplate RFPs. These will take the strategy out of Strategic Sourcing by treating the sourcing process like a formality.
- They’ll try to conduct procurement initiatives with as little supplier interaction as possible. Avoiding the essential work of relationship building, they’ll rely on impersonal procurement strategies.
- They’ll deploy sourcing methods from Procurement’s Stone Age. Relying on the three-bid-and-buy process, their efforts will make your procurement team look lazy and out of touch.
Managed Procurement Services from Source One:
- Our Managed Procurement services provide on-demand access to all of our Procurement and Strategic Sourcing experts.
- Our procurement experts boast over 25 years of hands-on sourcing experience. They’ve helped drive the evolution of Procurement from a purely tactical function to a more nuanced, strategic unit.
- Our thousands of successful procurement initiatives have helped us build an unparalleled database of market intelligence. We know the best practices that set industry leading procurement teams apart, and we’re prepared to employ them on your behalf.
- Our procurement consultants are well-versed in the language of other departments. They’ll encourage collaboration between Procurement and IT, HR, Marketing, and Telecom and communicate Procurement’s value across your organization.
- Our experts have conducted sourcing initiatives in countless spend categories across countless industries. No categories are unfamiliar.
- Our Managed Procurement services provide access to our free e-Sourcing platform: ZipRFP. The lowest-cost, lowest-risk tool of its kind, ZipRFP will help your procurement team conduct sourcing initiatives easily and efficiently.
- Our spend analysis and opportunity assessment software, SpendConsultant.com, will provide Procurement with an actionable look at all areas of spend.
- Our Managed Procurement Services team does more than connect Procurement with the right suppliers. Source One’s procurement consultants are expert negotiators who’ll develop and implement systems for optimizing vendor relationships
- Our sourcing experts recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all method for procurement managed services. All of our team’s efforts are conducted with your company’s unique procurement goals and objectives in mind.
Procurement and Strategic Sourcing has evolved, and your organization’s approach to them should too. Leading companies can no longer rely on the tactical, transactional services of traditional Procurement BPOs. Whether you’ve been disappointed by a Procurement BPO in the past, or have never considered outsourcing your Procurement efforts, Source One’s end-to-end Managed Procurement Services could be the solution your company is looking for.
Contact our Managed Procurement Services Team Today