Telecommunications Project Implementation Services
MANY CONSULTANTS CONSIDER THEIR WORK COMPLETE ONCE THEY MAKE A RECOMMENDATION, BUT TO SOURCE ONE, A RECOMMENDATION IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
In many cases, savings can be achieved without changing carriers or technology, but in the constantly evolving world of telecommunications, changes are necessary in order to fulfill business requirements and reduce cost. Every telecommunications change, however, carries the risks of mismanaged or inefficient project implementation, which can diminish a project’s return on investment or mitigate it entirely.
An effective implementation strategy protects the ROI of a telecom project from detracting elements like:
- Cost Overruns
- Supplier delays and missed deadlines
- Duplicate and redundant services
- Service gaps
- Project cancellation or failure to launch1
Source One’s telecommunications strategic sourcing team is highly skilled in managing the rollout of new systems and the migration process from one telecom carrier and/or technology to another without costly delays or disruptions. Our telecom sourcing resources provide expert input into the planning and strategy of each telecommunications project. We execute by layering our project management on top of the carrier’s implementation plan to ensure we provide the guidance necessary for you and your internal telecom resources while making sure the carrier stays on track.
Leveraging over 20 years of experience in successful deployments and migrations, Source One’s telecom strategic sourcing team supplements our clients’ in-house capabilities by:
- Maximizing savings by prioritizing the transition based on cost impact
- Providing on-demand resources and telecommunications subject matter experts to reduce client investment in managing the change
- Ensuring an efficient transition to realize savings as quickly as possible
- Holding telecom carriers and vendors accountable for timelines, keeping them on deadline for completion of tasks and deliverables
- Coordinating the logistics of changes on a location-by-location basis
- Ensuring each client site understands its role in the telecom project implementation process, including equipment receipt and shipment, site surveys, circuit delivery, etc.
- Minimize the cost of migration by managing timely disconnect of old infrastructure
- Proactively identifying and addressing any potential impediments that will delay the project
- Confirm savings are realized by continually auditing invoicing to make sure all old billing ceases and new billing is aligned with contract pricing
1The Aberdeen Group reports that up to 25% of contracts with identified savings are never implemented, and that enterprises only realize 38% of identified savings overall.
In addition to project implementation, Source One can streamline your telecom services and generate savings in the telecommunications category, with a service portfolio including:
A Case Study
Source One was engaged by one of the nation’s largest healthcare providers to strategically source its telecommunications spend.
The multi-pronged telecommunications project included Source One overseeing changes to the client’s WAN and Internet connectivity. The healthcare network needed to dramatically increase bandwidth, centralize controls for firewall and web-filtering, move to a site-to-site model from a hub-and-spoke model, prioritize traffic, and significantly reduce costs.
After developing a comprehensive strategy and identifying best-fit suppliers to address all of the client’s needs and requirements, Source One’s telecom strategic sourcing team moved forward with an in-depth implementation strategy that managed each supplier/carrier/provider, as well as each client site, to ensure that all responsibilities were maintained, each site received the service required on or before a deadline, and that any needed disconnects were performed competently without any errant invoices or bills.
Read more about this multi-stage telecommunications project, and the impact of effective project implementation, here.