Reducing Costs For Food and Beverage Manufacturers
Intense competition and expanding product portfolios require food and beverage manufacturers to sustain thin profit margins.
Product quality requirements and increasing capacity constraints have led food and beverage manufacturers to consolidate plant operations and expand into global markets. Additionally, the challenges of meeting seasonal demands, obtaining carriers, and transporting large volumes can have a severe negative impact on freshness and quality if suppliers are improperly managed. These challenges, along with new product development costs to meet shifting consumer tastes and skyrocketing transportation and logistical costs require food and beverage manufacturers to examine their supply base to find savings while still maintaining product consistency.
We have specific experience with food and beverage manufacturers and companies across numerous industries. We’ve helped negotiate millions of dollars in cost savings for hundreds of direct and indirect spend categories while driving efficiency. Let our resources help you get the most value out of your supply chain.
With real-time market intelligence resources and subject-matter experts on staff, Source One adds unprecedented buying power and resources to a food and beverage manufacturers’ sourcing and procurement process. Source One understands the distinct needs and challenges faced by food and beverage manufacturers to properly manage and maintain suppliers. We will work with you to produce hard-dollar savings and improve operational efficiency all while ensuring product quality and consistency.
How can we do that?
- We have the time and people power to collect and analyze category data
- We’ve refined our own processes across a variety of industries in order to develop a truly best in class solution
- We have access to information and market intelligence that is not available to internal sourcing groups
- We work in tandem with internal stakeholders to develop an understanding of manufacturing production and delivery cycle needs
- We don’t believe in one way of doing things. We customize our sourcing approach to meet the needs of each category and product line.
- Our proven best-practices develop favorable, long-term relationships between our clients and suppliers
- We never accept referral fees from suppliers. We work completely on behalf of our clients to produce the best overall value for their procurement dollar.
The breadth of our spend category experience provides food and beverage manufacturers with access to unprecedented market intelligence sources and subject matter expertise. Our subject-matter experts can help drive margin improvement for the products and services food and beverage manufacturers need to maintain production operations.
We can help manufacturers lower their indirect and direct costs across a wide range of categories, including:
- Raw Ingredients
- Specialty Ingredients
- Freight and Logistics, including Specialized Logistics like Reefers
- Construction and Capital Equipment
- Professional Services
- Product Packaging
- MRO and Manufacturing Equipment
- Facility Services
- Real Estate, Rent and Lease
- IT and Telecommunications
- Marketing Services
Manufacturing Supply Chain Solutions
Maintenance Repair and Operations
MRO, the stuff that keeps your food and beverage operations manufacturing at full capacity. It’s literally the nuts and bolts that make your operation run smoothly. MRO is also one of the most difficult spend categories to navigate and manage.Fortunately, Source One has helped dozens of companies navigate the challenges of thousands of SKUs across multiple locations, with multiple buyers. We can help you implement a proper MRO strategy that considers the unique needs of your shop floor, while providing the best possible price.
MRO Category Management
Lowering Freight and Logistics Costs
Source One spend the time to understand your logistical, freight, and small package needs and apply our market intelligence and experience to finding ideal solutions that will make profitable changes to your organization.
Our subject-matter experts analyze specific factors including lane volumes, shipping frequencies, backhaul and continuous movement potential, and equipment requirements to improve:
- Lead Times
- System Integration
- Weight Issues
- Reporting Requirements