Optical Components & Assemblies Cost Reduction Services
Source One’s engineers and procurement experts help global companies reduce costs and enhance quality in the complex optics spend category.
Sourcing optical instrumentation and components of the right quality and at the right price can present a daunting challenge due to the technical and seemingly custom nature of the product base. Your company’s requirements may necessitate a combination of catalog or off-the-shelf components – with value-adds such as custom coatings, or completely custom made-to-order components and assemblies. You may require optical assemblies and components for highly specialized applications such as Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), laser-microscopy, neuroscience, medical imaging instrumentation, etc.
With our Science and Engineering backgrounds and industry specific knowledge, Source One’s optics cost savings team can help. Our subject matter experts can identify critical specifications and utilize a database of market intelligence to streamline finding the right strategic partner and building long term mutually advantageous relationships – all at prices your company can afford. Source One’s optics experts possess a broad range of experience in managing quality and costs for all the following optics commodity groups:
- Lenses, (plano, spherical, aspheric)
- Lens assemblies
- Filters / diffusers (bandpass)
- Beamsplitters (dichroic)
- Custom coatings ( Anti-Reflective (AR) )
- Opto-mechanical assemblies
- Opto-electrical assemblies
Our team’s budget-optimizing process begins by identifying opportunities for spend consolidation and savings. To do this, our experts analyze your current optics components and assemblies spend and supply base to produce the “baseline,” which includes the classification of parts along with their historic ordering and delivery patterns, as well as supply base profiling, qualification, and expansion opportunities. Next, Source One calls upon its expertise, scientific background, and history of success in collaborating with Engineering departments to gather, and improve technical specifications. Then, our quality and cost optimization experts leverage the Source One database and network to identify optical component suppliers who possess the required capabilities and necessary materials (e.g., glass and glass types), and who clearly demonstrate the qualitative standards appropriate for your unique product.
Technical Specifications, including:
- Specification / drawing grouping by assembly
- File cleansing (STEP, IGES, DWG, SLDPRT)
- BOM cleansing, creation, and component manufacturer identification
- CAD/CAM/Optical Design verification (Zemax, OSLO, AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Fused Silica
- ISO 9000
- ISO 13485
- Medical Device and FDA Registration
- Incoming inspection, verification, or certification of melt data
After verifying and compiling a complete set of bid package documentation, we submit an RFx to the incumbent and alternate optical materials suppliers. We then facilitate the entire response submission, price validation, and market assessment activities – finally delivering to you the best-fit optics supplier(s) as well as recommendations for best-in-class terms and conditions.
Apart from the end-to-end standard strategic sourcing process for optics, Source One has a variety of a la carte service offerings to fit your cost reduction needs in the optical components category:
- Domestic manufacturing facilities fabricators
- Domestic with overseas facilities to reduce manufacturing costs
- High-mix / low volume, or high volume manufacturing
Our engineers and sourcing experts can also work with your optics suppliers and your internal team to develop project plans for incoming inspection and validation, track the ECO/MCO process, and phase in new optics suppliers through cut-in forecasting and tracking. For continued improvements and manufacturing value-adds, we also match the VMI and fulfillment needs to the capabilities of the supplier from same day / next day shipping to inventory consignment / hold agreements and JIT / Kanban systems
Sourcing these complex direct materials at the best price can be a very challenging undertaking, with your procurement team tasked to make sense of all the catalog and custom designed optical components and assemblies available. Trust our team of engineers and optical assemblies and components experts to help you identify the best possible products, from the best possible providers, at the best possible price. Contact our optics category cost savings experts today.
Direct Materials Cost Reduction Services
Since 1992, hundreds of companies have trusted Source One to reduce their costs of direct materials, goods, and services. From simple raw materials, to chemicals, and from semi-finished machined parts to finished assemblies, we have the experience and technical experience you need for these complex categories.
- Direct Materials Sourcing Techniques Assessment of the Supply Chain – Source One will identify opportunities in the supply base to offload or enhance engineering and designing capabilities, and engage strategic suppliers to ensure access to innovation.
- Consolidating Existing Suppliers and Identifying Alternative Premier Suppliers – Our market intelligence and understanding of procurement best practices enables us not only to identify opportunities for supplier consolidation within the existing supply base, but also to locate and coordinate with qualified manufacturers who provide cost efficiencies and value adds.
- Process Improvement – Our Engineers and Scientists will identify opportunities to redesign processes and SOPs, ensuring all stakeholder needs and dependencies are addressed with optimal efficiency. We will also help reset targets for performance and establish SMART goals for objective measurement.
Direct Materials Spend Management
Outsourcing your manufacturing operations to a strategic partner requires a thorough understanding of your current state paired with strong market visibility. Trust Source One’s strategic sourcing expertise, on-demand procurement resources, and pedigree of science and engineering subject matter expertise to design and secure the best-fit outsourced solution for your manufacturing operations. Source One’s Contract Manufacturing specialists have the multi-disciplinary expertise and experience to help you navigate all the complexities and challenges of increasing efficiency and controlling costs.
Contract Manufacturing Design & Sourcing
Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VAVE)
Without strategic sourcing playing a key role in a product’s lifecycle, the costs of manufactured goods or services quickly become unruly and damage the bottom line. Our Engineered Products Cost Management experts have decades of experience managing complex product lifecycles and have helped hundreds of industry leaders introduce lower cost materials and execute design changes with little to no disruption to output and operations.
Engineered Products and Direct Spend Cost Reduction